This small settlement is a historic site, famous for the point where the “last spike” joining the western part of the CPR, built from the Pacific joins the segment built from the east. Donald Smith, Lord Strathcona, a director of the CPR drove the last spike on November 7, 1885. The town is named for a prominent crag in Morayshire, Scotland.
South side of Highway 1
Plaque and display commemorates the driving of the “Last Spike” to complete Canada’s transcontinental railroad.
Beardale Castle Miniatureland
5 km west on Highway 1
Fairy tales are told through life-size animated settings. There are also miniature reproductions of a 1950’s prairie town, a Swiss mountain village, a medieval German town, and English country village and a Canadian heritage exhibit. Also nature trail along Perry River. Open daily 9 am to 7 pm May to September.