Beiseker is a village with 650 residents focused on agricultural services. It is halfway between Calgary (45 miles SW) and Drumheller (40 miles E).
The Calgary Colonization Company founded the village to promote area settlement and grain growing potential.
The village is named for Thomas Beiseker, one of the partners of the Company, who donated the land for the townsite. Initial colonists came Germans settlers who moved here from the Dakotas in 1908. After 1910, the CPR built a branch line, and the area began to prosper.
1910 CPR Station Complex
700, 1st Avenue, Beiseker, Alberta, T0M, Canada
(At the end of Main St. and 1 Ave)
The restored train station serves as a village complex, housing the museum, library and village office. Open year-round. Admission: by donation.