Summer Trails & Hikes
Hiking can be done almost anywhere, but the best scenery and terrain is in the provincial and national parks. These parks provide marked and mapped trails to avoid getting lost.
Here are some good areas right around Vancouver itself:
- Pacific Spirit Park (near UBC)
- Burnaby Lake (Burnaby)
- Burnaby Mountain (Burnaby)
- Burns Point (Belcarra)
- Buntzen Lake Circuit (Port Moody)
- Minnekhada (Coquitlam)
- Addington Marsh (Pitt Meadows)
- Burke Mountain Woodland Trail (Coquitlam)
Winter Trails and Cross-Country Skiing
Here are several places in an around the city (snow conditions permitting) for track-set skiing:
- Cypress Bowl (West Vancouver)
- Grouse Mountain (West Vancouver)
- Kane Valley (Quilchena)
- Manning Provincial Park (Hope)
- Mount Seymour (North Vancouver)
Out of Town
Garibaldi Provincial Park, an hour north of Vancouver , has several traverses and some good loops for day skiers plus a hut system for overnight trips.
Further up the road, Pemberton and Lillooett have a dozen other areas for expert skiers. East up the Fraser Valley, you can cut some tracks in Manning Provincial Park.