Farm Crop Agriculture
Farming was the traditional means of subsistence for the early settlers. As time progressed, better transportation made trade in perishable crops possible, and farming became an area of intense scientific research and business analysis, leading to new economic crop options for farmers.
Today, crop specialization is based on local soil and conditions and climate, as well as other considerations like greenhouse crops and organic farming.
- History of Government Experimental Farms
- Vascular Plant inage gallery (Texas A&M University)
- Organic Farming in Ontario (links)
- Organic Food (Dalhousie University) (Agriculture Canada)
- Functional Foods & Nutraceuticals (University of Manitoba)
- Production Map
- Commercial Greenhouses in Manitoba
- Greenhouse Crops
- Importance of Crop Rotation
- Crop Circles in Canada
- Crops in Canadian Agriculture (Purdue University)