Search
image

Magnetawan First Nation

The Magnetawan First Nation signed the Robinson-Huron Treaty of 1850 and in 1907, was granted an additional tract of land in the Township of Wallbridge to compensate for an error made in the 1853 survey.

Be the first to review

The Magnetawan First Nation is within the boundaries of the territory described by the Robinson-Huron Treaty of 1850, as signed by Chief Pamiquonaishkung. The First Nation was first surveyed in 1853 and confirmed by Order-in-Council in January of 1853. In 1907, an additional tract of land in the Township of Wallbridge was added to the reserve to compensate for an error made in the 1853 survey. Our Land Base is now 4714.7 Hectares. Our proud heritage of languages includes our Mother tongue of First Nation Ojibway with English also commonly spoken.

image