What
image
  • imageAccommodations
  • imageAir Travel
  • imageAirport Parking
  • imageAttractions
  • imageAutomotive
  • imageBed & Breakfasts
  • imageBoat Rentals or Charters
  • imageBuses or Shuttles
  • imageCafe
  • imageCampgrounds
  • imageCasinos
  • imageCinema
  • imageCraft Beer - Winery
  • imageCurrency Exchange
  • imageEmergency
  • imageEntertainment
  • imageFarmers Market
  • imageFestivals
  • imageFire Hall
  • imageFirst Nation
  • imageFlea market
  • imageFree
  • imageGolf Course
  • imageGovernment
  • imageHistorical
  • imageHospital
  • imageHostel
  • imageHotels
  • imageKids Amusement
  • imageLimousines
  • imageLong Term Rental
  • imageMarijuana /CBD
  • imageMarinas
  • imageMuseum / Gallery
  • imagePark
  • imagePolice
  • imagePublic Transit
  • imageRental Car
  • imageRestaurant
  • imageRV Rental
  • imageShopping
  • imageShopping District
  • imageShopping mall
  • imageSki Resort
  • imageSpa
  • imageSports & Recreation
  • imageSports Team
  • imageTaxi
  • imageTheatre
  • imageTour
  • imageTourist Services
  • imageTours & Tour Guides
  • imageTrain
  • imageTransit Hub
  • imageTransportation
  • imageTravel
  • imageTravel Info/Office
  • imageVacation Rental
  • imageWilderness Lodge
Where
image
image

St. Andrew’s Rectory National Historic Site of Canada

Example of mid 19th-century Red River architecture, 1852-1854

Be the first to review

The St. Andrews Rectory was the centre of religious, political and social decisions from the time it was built in 1853-4. Its founder, and first resident, was the rector and builder of St. Andrews Church, Reverend William Cockran. This Georgian Scottish-Manor house was built from local materials like limestone from nearby quarries and pine lumber from across the river at Birds Hill. It became the preferred Red River style for wealthy officers of the Hudson’s Bay Company who retired to the Red River Settlement with their Metis families in the 1850s.

image