This town is named for the St Andrews Lock on the canal past the dam which allows navigation on the Red River from Lake Winnipeg to Winnipeg. The St Andrew Lock and Dam are a national historic site. Picnic sites in Lockport Heritage Park overlook the dam. The town is the start of the River Road Heritage Parkway. To get there, turn right from PTH 9 outside Winnipeg’s Perimeter Highway.
Kennedy House and Museum & Maple Grove Tea Room
3.7 km south on River Road Heritage Parkway
This building was built in 1866 by Captain William Kennedy, who was an explorer, entrepreneur and a trader. The house has three period-furnished rooms and a glassed-in tea room overlooking the terraced English gardens and the Red River. Museum is open May to mid October. Hours are:
Tues-Friday 11-4 pm Sat and Sunday 11-5 Open Holiday Mondays only from 11-5.
St Andrews-on-the-Red Anglican Church
The oldest Anglican stone church west of the Great Lakes, in fact the oldest still in use. Worshipers even today use buffalo-hide covered kneelers. St Andrews Rectory is a national historic site, is one of the first stone houses in the Red River settlement is across the street from the church, and contains exhibits of the settlement and its missionaries. Open daily from 10 am to 6 pm mid-May to Labour Day. Free Admission
Little Britain United Church
5879 Highway 9 , north of Lockport
Lockport, MaB R1A 2P7
This is the oldest united Church building in Manitoba, built between 1872 and 1874 in the gothic style by Duncan McRae. It is one of only five surviving original Red River settlement stone churches.
Skinners Wet ‘n’ Wild Water Slide Park
Highway 44, just west of Lockport Bridge
100 Hwy 44, Lockport, MB R1A 3M9
Facilities include six waterslides, bumper boats and cars, mini golf, a hot tub, batting cage, wading pool, video arcade, and bar & grill. Open daily 10 am to 8 pm in July & August and 10 am to 6 pm in June. Admission, with a family rate. Mini golf is extra.