Centreville was first settled in 1929, with settlers from Ireland. Surveyors for the railroad came to Centreville in 1896 and started construction, but the construction was halted almost right away. In 1912, the construction of the railroad was revived and in 1914 the railroad was completed, providing regular passenger service. By 1924 the community had its own electricity plant.
The Centreville area, northwest of Woodstock, is the “center” of manufacturing in Carleton County-with more manufactured steel being used per capita than any community in the province. Some of the items built in Centreville are fire trucks, snowplows and the popular Thomas Equipment loaders. The town’s name is a common one found in Atlantic Canada and, in this instance, because of its location equidistant from nearby villages. The town’s name dates back to its 1862 post office.
Centreville Annual Truck and Tractor Pull (end of June)
Presque Isle Walking Trail
1 kilometre walking trail