Kitchener-Waterloo is served by the Region of Waterloo International Airport (“YKF”), on the eastern edge of the city, and between adjoining communities of Cambridge and Guelph. The airport has two runways, 7000 feet long, and lies 1054 ft (321 m) about sea level.
The airport is served by
- Northwest Airlines (to Detroit) 1-800-225-2525
- WestJet (to Calgary) 1-800-538-5696
- Bearskin Airlines (to Ottawa) 1-800-465-2327
- Sunquest Vacations 1-877-485-6060 and Signature Vacations 1-866-324-2883 (flown by Skyservice Airlines 1-800-701-9448) provide winter vacation service.
- Transat Holidays proving winter vacation service, and summer travel to Europe
Other fliers will head to either Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson International Airport (in our Mississauga site) which is 80 km east of Kitchner, or Hamilton’s John C. Munro International Airport which is 50 km south of Kitchener.
There are free baggage carts at the parking lot, and at terminal arrival areas. Please return the carts to designated areas after use.
The Region of Waterloo International Airport offers high-speed wireless Internet service throughout its entire terminal. Travellers and visitors can connect to Atria Networks Wi-Fi service (charged by the hour or by the month) with their wireless-capable laptop.
Lost & Found run by Airport Security, in the main lobby of the Air-Terminal Building. To recover items, contact Airport Security: 519-648-2256 ext. 244.
The Region of Waterloo International Airport is a smoke-free facility. Please use designated smoking areas outside the terminal building.
Kitchener-Waterloo International Airport has two long term pay & display lots, which can be paid with cash, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Short term parking closer to the terminal uses coin-operated parking meters. Short Term parking is $1 for one hour.Long TErm parking is $1 per hour, up to $8.50 per day and $30 per week. Parking tickets can be rescinded at airport administration by paying the maximum daily rate, but after 7 days, the fine is $18 per day, which must be paid at the Township of Woolrich (69 Arthur Street South, P.O. Box 158, Elmira, ON N3B 2Z6).
To check arrival and departure times, please contact the airline directly or check their website.
See also, the airport’s own web site
Lester B. International Airport (YYZ)
Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario
about 80 km east of Hamilton, via QEW & the 427.
Pearson is the busiest airport in Canada, with a complete range of flights from across Canada and over 100 countries from around the world. (Toronto airport weather)
Ground Travel to/From Pearson
Travelling time to the airport from Kitchener is about one hour.
Limousine and bus service connections are available to Kitchener. Shuttle bus fares are about $65 one way.
Pearson shuttles are provided by:
- Airways Transit (519-886-2121)
- Airlink Airport Service (519-756-1944 or 1-877-405-8278) serving Paris and communities to southDeparture Recommendations
- For flights within Canada, check in at least 90 minutes prior to departure
- For flights to the U.S., check in a minimum of 2 hours prior to departure
- For international flights, check in a minimum of 2 hours prior to departure
Pearson Airport’s peak hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. with passenger volume significantly higher during the winter holiday season, March break and the summer. During these times, allow extra time for parking, check-in, security screening, etc.
- Terminal 1 is for Air Canada’s overseas flights plus most Star Alliance partners.
- Terminal 3 is for WestJet and most non-Canadian airlines.
The airport has its own dedicated radio station, CFYZ 1280 AM, which broadcasts arrivals, departures, traffic, weather, travel stories and aviation features.
More information about Pearson Airport, including the community & hotels around the airport.