Trans-Canada Highway Closure Now In Effect, with redirection/detour FALL KICKING HORSE CANYON TRAFFIC SCHEDULE Major…
As of Monday August 9, the government will allow fully vaccinated American Citizens entry into Canada, and be able to skip the (otherwise) mandatory 14-day quarantine.
As of Monday August 9, fully vaccinated French citizens who reside in Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon, a French territory near Newfoundland and Labrador, will also be allowed to enter Canada.
Americans must meet all requirements:
- To be considered fully vaccinated, Americans must have received all required doses of a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine 14 days prior to entering Canada.
- Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents residing in and travelling from the United States will be permitted entry.
- And, just like Canadian travellers, Americans must submit their travel information — including vaccination documents — using the ArriveCAN app or by registering online within 72 hours before their arrival.
- All fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada must still provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test taken within 72 hours of arrival. Air passengers need to take the test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of their final direct flight to Canada.
- Now, vaccinated US travellers will get to skip the government-administered post-arrival COVID-19 test — unless they’re randomly selected to take it.
Canada will also start allowing unvaccinated children under the age of 12 and travelling with fully vaccinated parents to skip quarantine as of August 9th..